BCOPE Remote Learning Resources
Information for remote learning is posted at http://www.rsu71.org/home/remotelearning. BCOPE has their own folder under the BAHS tab and our plan for online classes is now posted there and will continue to be updated.
BCOPE will hold our 'morning' meeting via Zoom on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 12Noon. Links will be sent to all of our students at least fifteen minutes prior to each meeting and we hope that everyone will take a few minutes to check in, ask any questions, just say hello or address any concerns that they may be having.
Information and assignments for specific classes are available in Google classroom. Some classes will also have individual zoom meetings, and students will be contacted directly by their teachers with schedule information and links to calls. We (all of your teachers) are still working - please contact us with any questions or concerns that you may be having regarding classwork on anything else.
Additional Resources that might be of interest:
- Audible is giving free access to a collection of audio books: https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- Free access to online books at Tumblebooks Teen Cloud
- Mentalfloss: 12 World-Class Museums You Can Visit Online
- The NY Times is giving free access to students:
- Guitar Lessons with Fender Play Fender is offering 3 months of free online guitar lessons.
Career and Job Information
Seniors, we realize that this a particularly challenging time for you as you are trying to plan for life after high school. We will be posting resources here that you can utilize at home. All of us (Colden, Lindsey, Lisa, Gary or Heather) are happy to help you prepare and polish resumes at this time. But we are also going to continue to add any job listings that we come across, and other resources that you can access that might be helpful.
- https://mainebluecollar.com/ This scholarship is for students interested in going into the trades - take a look! It can be used for training, tech school, tools, uniforms, etc. The due date for the application is April 15th. They also have a very good resource page at https://mainebluecollar.com/resources/ .
Hiring for 2020 planting season!
We are looking to hire farmers for Spring planting season, starting approximately the first of May. During planting season, we work hours that are responsive to weather. You must be able to work any day during the week, including weekends and having flexible hours during the day are a job requirement, such as early mornings, and evenings. No experience necessary. This is physical outdoor work in a variety of unpleasant weather conditions. If this sounds like a good time…….
Contact Trent at email@example.com. (located in Wayne, Maine)
This is a good time to find out information about a business or industry that you are curious about. If you are interested in an industry, a local business, further schooling or technical training (roofing, construction, banking, childcare, welding, silk screening, etc.) please let us know. We can make an appointment for an informational phone or zoom interview with someone in the field.
- Those of you planning on college in the Fall, remember to pay attention to any deadlines to commit to your program/college of choice, apply for financial aid, or scholarship applications. Many deadlines have been extended. Please be in touch if you have questions or need help. Ms. Ballard and Mr. Davis are also available for any questions that you might have.
- Coming soon.